beefing

Basically whatever happens to irritate me. Probably quite trivial but then why not? After all, the First Admendment says I can (but then the new Supreme Court may change that...)

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The California raising of their minimum wages, comments on...

"Employers are in the best position to decide what a job is worth."

This was heard as California employers protested the major minimum wage hike (and a minimum hike it was!) in California. If employers truly decided what to pay employees, it would be as little as possible. Employers decide the wages above minimum and bid for the workers. A wage is the mimimum wage requried to get an employee. (Actually, this isn't really true. I'm overpaid and my wife is underpaid. However, I'll never give up my "surplus pay"; I have uses for it: mouths to feed, house payments to make, medical expenses, etc. Oh, yes, too many taxes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home