beefing

Basically whatever happens to irritate me. Probably quite trivial but then why not? After all, the First Admendment says I can (but then the new Supreme Court may change that...)

Friday, May 18, 2012

The Ensign briefings

About 30 years ago, when I was a Ensign, I had to brief one very picky Naval Captain. He would listen to what I was saying while looking at everything but what I was briefing. Then, he would hammer me about what I'd said, what other briefers had said and any damn thing he just felt like hitting me with.

There were a number of times that I was privately told  later "you gave a good briefing". I guess this CO just liked yanking my chain...


This Dilbert cartoon (which I have linked to), says what I often thought.  Dilbert got it soooo right!

I hate to admit it but I don't do well under pressure and maybe my briefings did suck a bit since I worried more about getting hammered for them then I did about a smooth flow (although I obsessed about that as well).

I have had similar experiences in my work writing since then. When I retire, I might remember to come back to this and get more explicit...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home