beefing

Basically whatever happens to irritate me. Probably quite trivial but then why not? After all, the First Admendment says I can (but then the new Supreme Court may change that...)

Thursday, July 06, 2017

Response to an annoying Time Magazine article (1 Sep 20030

Monday, September 01, 2003

A recent article [Time Magazine] talked about "Soccer Mom" becoming "Security Mom" and gave a breakdown of the opinions of "moms", "non-moms" and "men". This implies that all men, "fathers" and "non-fathers", have the same opinions. Are you suggesting that "fathers" are irrelevant?

When I was growing up, married women were "wives and mothers" and the most important relationship in a family was the husband and wife relationship. When did "wives" become merely "mom", "soccer mom" or to use another insipid phrase, "security mom"? I know a number of men who think their wives vanished as soon as these women became "moms". I thought one of the lessons of the boomer generation was the desire to avoid the pain that absent fathers caused; have the boomers have raised their children so poorly that fathers are now being marginalized? I hope that I'm completely wrong about this and that your magazine is simply biased against "fathers".

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home