beefing

Basically whatever happens to irritate me. Probably quite trivial but then why not? After all, the First Admendment says I can (but then the new Supreme Court may change that...)

Monday, January 01, 2018

New Years Eve note to Congress critters

I respectfully request that you do not agree to any bills which would “reform” either Social Security or Medicare by cutting either fund. I am 66 years old and need both to support my family.

 I remind you that Social Security is a retirement fund paid for from my payroll deductions; it is not paid from the general tax funds. Social Security is not a slush fund for the likes of Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell to loot at their leisure!

Medicare is supported by premiums taken from Social Security payments or checks written by tax payers who are not receiving Social Security.

You could save Social Security by doing the following:
  1. Forbid Congress from ever “borrowing” money from the Social Security fund.
  2. Increase the income cap for determining the amount of Social Security taxes.
  3. Require Congress to repay the money “borrowed” from the Social Security fund.
Be advised that 66 is my age and not my IQ. Should you support Paul Ryan’s and others. bill designed to reduce my Social Security or Medicare, I and undoubtedly a vast number of other “old people” will withhold our support next election. I am not displeased with your professional performance and would prefer to be able to continue supporting you.

Respectfully,


M.W.  Bell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home