beefing

Basically whatever happens to irritate me. Probably quite trivial but then why not? After all, the First Admendment says I can (but then the new Supreme Court may change that...)

Saturday, November 20, 2004

It was just before 6 am and I was on-line entering "scribbling" into a blog when an enticing ad popped up: "Get a free $50 gift certificate to Applebys"!

I figured it was a scam but I'd fill in the blanks and get the free $50 for my family. I figure there was some male-bovine-feces involved and I was right! The mailing address was followed by page after page of "Yes! I want to sign up for whiter teeth! I want a technical BS! I want a free trip to Florida! (I spent 12.5 weeks at the Navy Recruit Training Command - boot camp - in Orlando Florida and have an intense disliking for all things Florida since. I also went to Navy "A" and "C" schools in Pensacola Florida and that didn't help my negative attitude any either.)

It finally got to the point where I was being told that if I did not sign up for some pay-and-pay item, I would not be able to complete the survey and I would not get the "free" gift certificate. Also, this process had spawned about 8 additional windows (not counting the fricking popups) and somewhere in the process, my access to blogspot had disappeared. So, having wasted nearly a half hour and having not gift certificate to show for it, I shut off my browser, opened this window and started b1tch1ng here! (Did you notice that I used ones instead of Is in b1tch1ng? That was to keep Michael Powell, God King of the FCC, from fining me for violating FCC rules against "obscene or indecent language". Oh wait, the FCC only regulates EM frequency allocation and the content of over-the-air broadcasts and doesn't "govern" what I say on a blog. Whew! Had me worried there for a minute.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home