beefing

Basically whatever happens to irritate me. Probably quite trivial but then why not? After all, the First Admendment says I can (but then the new Supreme Court may change that...)

Monday, August 01, 2005

Leadership Failure or the Bolten Appointment

"W" has just suffered a public leadership defeat because he could not
convince either the Democrats or "Moderate Republicians"* to appoint Mr.
John Bolten as UN Ambassador. I see this as a leadership failure in that
he gave his opponents no choice but to say "no". Hence, the recess
appointment and his political black eye.

I recall Republicans bad mouthing President Clinton for using the recess
appointment. Rather ironic, when you think about it!

Will "W" anoint Mr. John Roberts as Mr. Justice John Roberts via recess
appointment? That would be just lovely especially if he had to go before
the Senate and the Senate were to deny him a full lifetime
appointment...

* The phrase "Moderate Republican" is not an oxymoron. I've been one
since I campaigned for Senator Berry Goldwater in 1964 when I was in
Junior High. I was even one when I was in the Junior Republicians (or
something like that) whilst I was a Freshman at a Perkinson Junior
College in Perkinson Mississippi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home