beefing

Basically whatever happens to irritate me. Probably quite trivial but then why not? After all, the First Admendment says I can (but then the new Supreme Court may change that...)

Thursday, December 29, 2005

where did the scandals go?

The cable news has been bereft of any updates on the "who outed Plame" scandal, the "is it legal to spy on American Citizens simply because the President says it is" scandal, Judge whats his name hasn't been bugged about Row -v- Wade lately and the deficite keeps getting worst!

The Republicians keep calling the Democrates the "tax and spend party". Under President Clinton, the deficite was erased and we were on the way to a big surplus.

Why don't the Democrates refer to the Republicians as the "untax the rich and spend party". Under Regan, Bush the Elder and Bush the Younger, we've seen major deficites. How are we to pay for this???

The rich politicians (a redundant phrase that) say "we need to make sacrifices". Funny how that really means "we need you un-rich folks to make sacrifices". If I ran my household like the Republicans run the government, I would talk my wife into quitting her job (to reduce income) and we'd go on a spending spree! But, to do that would result in us having to declare bankruptsy. Oops, can't do that; the rich boys have made it damn near impossible to get debt relief that way! (Unless you're a rich boy or rich girl and Uncle Sugar -er- Uncle Dubwa will bail you out!)

I suppose I could write "my" Congress Critters (to use Jerry Pournell's phrase) but experience has taught me that neither of "my" Senators and quite probably "my" House Member give a shit what about my opinion...

I can't afford to bribe them -er- make large campaign controbutions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home