beefing

Basically whatever happens to irritate me. Probably quite trivial but then why not? After all, the First Admendment says I can (but then the new Supreme Court may change that...)

Friday, April 13, 2007

Don IMUS and the FCC

If I remember the FCC regulations from:
  1. getting my CB base station in 1968,
  2. my Novice Licence in 1974,
  3. my 2nd Novice license in 1981 and
  4. and my "Plus" licence around 1990,
there were three (3) relevant regulations. These regulations forbid broadcasting material that is:
  1. indecent,
  2. obscene or
  3. profane
Don Imus' remark was not "indecent", "osbcene" or "profane". It was simply a stupid thing to say. There are no FCC regulations forbidding stupid remarks. You can make your own list of "talking heads" who should be grateful for this!

It was legal even if it did piss off a lot of people and was both gratious and unwarranted.

Regardless, the market has spoken, Imus was shitcanned and it is time for the FCC to remain silent!

On a different subject, when are Rush and Anne going to be nailed for hurtful remarks?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home