beefing

Basically whatever happens to irritate me. Probably quite trivial but then why not? After all, the First Admendment says I can (but then the new Supreme Court may change that...)

Friday, July 02, 2010

Resasons I dont' want Todd Tiahrt as my Senator

I'll be upfront: I know, like, and respect Jerry Moran and of all the candidates for Senator Sam Brownback's US Senate Seat, Jerry is the only one I would vote for.

Here are the reasons I don't want Todd Tiahrt as the next US Senator for Kansas:
  1. Karl Rove flew in and personally endorsed Tiahrt.
  2. Alaska's half term governor Sarah Palin endorsed Tiahrt (what business has she to interfere with Kansas politics?)
  3. The "Tea Party" (or a branch thereof) supports Tiahrt.
  4. Tiahrt had the nickname of "Boeing's Representative" since he supposedly did a great job of representing Boeing; I've heard from people in Wichita that he hasn't done such a good job of representing them.
Neutral reasons: Tiahrt admits to smoking pot in college. That doesn't bother me as a lot of people admit to having smoked pot in the 1970s. While he has not spoken out in favor of decriminalizing or even legalizing "pot", at least he hasn't called for tougher anti-pot laws.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home