beefing

Basically whatever happens to irritate me. Probably quite trivial but then why not? After all, the First Admendment says I can (but then the new Supreme Court may change that...)

Monday, April 01, 2019

fire alarm 30 March 2019


We were at a hotel in Beaverton, Oregon and were visiting Kathie's Father.

About 5:45 AM, 30 March 2019,  a loud noise woke me. I slapped the radio alarm a couple of times but this did no good. I then stood up and pushed the button on the smoke detector with no result. I saw an alarm horn, put my hand over it and realized it was the noise source.

It was the hotel fire alarm!

Before I could get dressed, I absolutely had to piss! It took a couple of minutes and Kathie was pissed!  Oh well, I have little control over my bladder in the middle of the night.

I need and then got dressed.  All the while Kathie was telling me to hurry and telling me "we would have burned to death if there was a real fire".

We wandered down the hall and down the stairs.

There were a large number of people waiting for the all clear. I was amazed at how well everyone had gotten covered up before going down stairs.

There was no fire (fortunately!) And we went back to our room. I had a hard time getting back to sleep as did Kathie.

The desk clerk said this was the second day in a row the fire alarm went off at the same time. I will lay out clothing for a fire drill tomorrow morning.  Hopefully, we will not be awaken...

Upon returning to our room, I realized I had left my inhaler in the room.  This could have been very needful had the hallway or stairs been smoke filled!

Finally, while I worried about not having my medicines but never thought of about my books or clothing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next, when alarm did not go off, we asked the desk clerk about this. She said:
"There was a man who got up about 5.40 am and sprayed himself with strong manly colone. One of our people was walking down the hall and smelled this odor. He asked around and found out who was spraying himself.

This guest promised to refrain from using his spray the next day and we changed the sensors...

Oh, well...





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home