beefing

Basically whatever happens to irritate me. Probably quite trivial but then why not? After all, the First Admendment says I can (but then the new Supreme Court may change that...)

Friday, August 12, 2005

oil business as usual...or...take it like a man!

The news just advised that oil prices are at US$67/ barrow. The local
gas stations jacked their prices around 14 to 16 cents a gallon
yesterday to around US$2.49/ galloon.

We're getting fucked.

Truckers in Florida have to buy their own fuel. The news reported that
companies hiring them are charging a "fuel surtax" to cover the added
fuel charges. The problem is that companies collecting this "fuel
surtax" are keeping it and not passing it along to the truckers. The
truckers went on strike in Florida.

When the truckers get fucked, we all get fucked.

But, aside from the opportunity for me to use profanity, what have I got
to be upset about? Higher oil prices mean the "Oil Barons" make more
money! That is a good thing for them. (Question: Who are the "Oil
Barons"? Hint: Think G.W.B. and D.C.) After all, "the Business of
America is Business" to quote a former U.S. President. If the "Oil
Barons" are doing well, what are powerless nobodies like me daring to
assert that "we're getting fucked!" And who should care? I'm not rich
enough to buy politicians, not influential enough to help or hurt
politicians and I personally lack the charisma to gather followers who
could help reduce oil and gas prices. <chuckle> I think I'm doing good
to get my kids to behave occasionally...

I should be happy that "Oil Barons" making only a million or two times
what I do are getting a much needed ca$h transfusion. This is just a
little extra after the "Energy Bill" gave such massive tax cuts to oil
companies.

Yup, makes me OH SO MUCH BETTER!!!!

(This is irony and lying, BTW.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home