beefing

Basically whatever happens to irritate me. Probably quite trivial but then why not? After all, the First Admendment says I can (but then the new Supreme Court may change that...)

Friday, February 17, 2006

Farewell to Senator Pat Roberts...

When I first met Senator Pat Roberts, I congradulated him on "being his own man, unlike that other Senator; it was a sincere compliment but he seemed disturbed.

Over the years, I've watched Senator Roberts become more and more a party man. Recently, I've began to think of him (and it pains me to write this) as a Republician Apparatchik (2nd definition).

A recent editorial in the Hutchinson [Kansas] News
Relinquishing our rights (subtitled: Senator accedes authority to Bush administration ) is rather depressing and dismaying.

The title is figurative, not literal. Senator Roberts is not leaving the Senate and will probably be a Member for a number of years to come. I am merely wishing farewell to the memory of the Senator Roberts who so favorably impressed me 6 to 8 years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home