beefing

Basically whatever happens to irritate me. Probably quite trivial but then why not? After all, the First Admendment says I can (but then the new Supreme Court may change that...)

Sunday, February 12, 2006

the government's report card on the government...

"Taxpayers in America don’t want us spending their money on something that’s not achieving results..."

...........................................President George W. Bush
..........................................................February 7, 2005

A new US Government report on the effectiness of various governmental agencies included the Department of Justice. Although they got a "passing grade" ("adequate"), there was a rather piss poor report card for the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration). Given the amount of time, effort, political capital and especially money spent on this agency over the decades, I would have hoped for much better results!

On a different subject, it looks like these "program measuring folks" want to fuck with the Veterans Home Loans programs. I guess this is just a continuation of the fuck the veterans, what have they done for us lately mentality!

"They" (the auditors) want to send Veterans to agencies set up to provide loans to civilians. Those loans are much harder for folks to obtain. When I was in the Navy, I was told that one of my benefits was no down payment, easy to obtain, loans. I guess since I'm not "turning to", I don't deserve the benefits promised to me! (Like the Feds haven't reneged before...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home