beefing

Basically whatever happens to irritate me. Probably quite trivial but then why not? After all, the First Admendment says I can (but then the new Supreme Court may change that...)

Sunday, March 12, 2006

My Mother's Death...

My Mother died early this morning. God willing, she died painlessly and went in her sleep. I find comfort in the sure and certain knowledge she is already in Heaven with my Father, their parents and my Mother's sister (the one who died pre-nadal). I don't have any objective proof of this; I merely have faith and sometimes faith has to be enough.

My brother Jim called and left a message. I called back. We were not coherient. I called my boss to request the time off; I told him I'd be in tomorrow to take care of submitting the leave request. He said not to worry about the small details; they would be taken care of.

I called Jim back later to tell him of how we'd be coming out to Oregon late tomorrow. Jim has been unable to contact Jeff; it's seems that Jeff and family were out of town again...

Charlie is back in hospital again. I fear that he'll lose that left leg this time and that our forecast of his "miracle surgery" being a nearly pointless delaying tactic is verifying. Unfortunately, damn in, unfortunately.

So, we're going to be spending a lot of time with brother Charlie (me anyway) because I can feel how fucked he is feeling and will be feeling. He has lost more than our Mother: he has lost his major person

I just hope our brother Jeff doesn't give me any shit for not coming out to see our Mother in December. I hope he doesn't lay a fucking guilt trip upon me for " the last time you saw Mom alive was in September (2005). You should have come out..."

We could have flown out at 7:30 tomorrow morning but we got tickets to leave at 3:15 pm. We could never have made the 7:30 am flight but I think the 3:15 flight is doable.

I'm not looking forward to the viewing and I purely do not look forward to the formal dinner. It'll be nice to see Aunt Lou and Uncle Jim but the circumstances will suck.

My Mother was in a pissing contest with Kathie's Father and I hope my brothers will let him come to the funeral. The feud died with my Mother and I think me Father-In-Law should be allowed to grieve formally.

This sucks and writing about it sucks and this keyboard isn't worth a damn (it is better than the previous keyboard so I guess I can't bitch too much...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home