beefing

Basically whatever happens to irritate me. Probably quite trivial but then why not? After all, the First Admendment says I can (but then the new Supreme Court may change that...)

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Why the piss poor ACA replacement bill?

Several years ago, I confronted then Republican House  member Tim Heulskamp’s  office manager at a 3I show. I said “Write a bill that achieves the goals ‘Obamacare’ was written for”?

He didn’t reply. He had a blank look on his face like I had suddenly started speaking in tongues.

I then explained what I meant an d I could see him trying to figure a way out. He did not find one!

So, the Republicans have had 6+ years to create an acceptable replacement for the ACA (AKA “Obamacare”).  They had time to create a bill that even the Democrats would have loved. Instead, it seems like they shit out their ACA replacement  bill (over beers?) in a month or two.  I expected better…

I was hoping the Republicans would remember they are elected to serve the entire public and not just those who can buy their way into the party. (I was thinking of the bone marrow assay my oncologist did on me. Without insurance, it would have cost me $9,700. With my insurance, it cost me about $380. Thoughts like this make me grumpy!)


ACA Replacement bill, tax breaks for the uber rich, tax breaks for big pharm, bone marrow assay, medical costs

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home