beefing

Basically whatever happens to irritate me. Probably quite trivial but then why not? After all, the First Admendment says I can (but then the new Supreme Court may change that...)

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Day 10 International Lions Convention Chicago 2007

Day 10 (Thursday, the Fifth of July):

I had a bad night due to the heavy seasoning in the lasagna. I got up around 1:20 am, thinking I was going to barf (and hoping that I would!). I hit the head, farted, took some Pepto Bismol and went back to bed. About 3:30 am, I got up, took yet another piss and stuck my finger down my throat several times in order to empty my stomach. We think it was something caused by the lunch as I had serious heartburn in the afternoon.

I heard an interesting story about the handicapped bus and the parade yesterday.

It seems the handicapped bus got to the turnoff for McCormick Place and the police would not let the bus through. The driver took the police advise and went charging off. At one point, he had to take a left turn. Shortly thereafter, he was back at the entrance to McCormick Place and the same police office told him to take off. This time, the driver took a right where he had taken a left and the bus was off into the depths of South Chicago.

Joe, a handicapped Lion from New Jersey, said they drove past burnt off tenant buildings and oil drums with fires in them. (Oil drums with wood fires going in early July on a warm day? I believe Joe but can't understand why some homeless person would waste fuel.)

They got to the "back entrance" of McCormick Place about an hour and five minutes after leaving the Marriott and I wonder how much of the parade they saw?

The first thing this morning was the United Center for the 2nd Plenary Session. Ronny Millsap was the singer and he did a very nice job. About the only complaint we had was that he didn't sing long enough. He really was good. Then, we went back to the McCormick Center for lunch and a very nicely done training session. Kansas' own Ed McCormick was the "moderator" for the leadership training session. He wore a referee shirt and blew his whistle for silly reasons. It was a very well done session with eight areas for instruction; Kathie had four and I had four. The "Delegation" session was very nice and is something that I want to take back to work with me. My boss needs to know this material..

After getting back from that, we went out to dinner at the Webber Grill and had some very nice streak. It was well worth doing…

Then, we went back to the hotel. Kathie arranged from us to get a downstairs sleeper vice having to struggle upstairs to the seats there. It will cost us US$188 extra (which is well worth the price!) and we'll have a pull out setup. An upper and a lower berth; I will have the lower berth…

Tonight is Thursday but I'm doing my Tuesday "2 hours past meal end" blood test as 2 hours past meal end we were driving around and around and around Chicago…

Study showed that 1 ½ Hershey kisses will drop your blood pressure. What will it do for your blood sugar?

 

Poison

28 June or Day 1: 400 mg and some suffering

29 June or Day 2: 400 mg and some suffering

30 June or Day 3: 400 mg and some suffering

1 July or Day 4: 800 mg and I had much suffering – 2 pees

2 July or Day 5: 800 mg and I had much suffering – 2 pees

3 July or Day 6: 400 mg and moderate suffering -1 pee

4 July or Day 7: 400 mg and moderate suffering – 1 pee

5 July or Day 8: 400 mg and moderate suffering – 1 pee

My enthusiasm is weak in the morning but grows quickly after I get dressed and head out for breakfast and the day. Even the fucked up transportation can't really diminish this optimism. It is in the late evening when I'm thinking of "do I take a shower and have to rewrap my ankle" or "do I take a sponge bath sitting on the side of the tub and no-have to rewrap the ankle" that my enthusiasm waned. It is waking up in the middle of the night in pain or worst yet, waking up in pain and having to piss that makes me scream in my head "I should have stayed home".

Well, I've had good experiences and am grateful for them. I've learned what it feels like to be in a chair and have not got a mission for our club and a night club. I've seen Glen Campbell and the International President Jimmy M. Ross and wife Lion Velda for the last time (I suspect). It would be nice to see both at the USA/Canada Forum but that's really something for his successor…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home