beefing

Basically whatever happens to irritate me. Probably quite trivial but then why not? After all, the First Admendment says I can (but then the new Supreme Court may change that...)

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Day 12 Lions International Convention Chicago 2007

Day 12 (Sunday 7 July 2007):

We had a miserable night's sleep.

Kathie had a hard time getting into the top berth and I had to help by pushing her up. The next morning, I guided her feet to the top step. The mattress was hard and I had a very hard time of getting comfortable as I was sleeping in my clothing and had the walking boot and my right shoe on. I sleep several hours.

We were already awake and sitting on the lower berth when the Conductor, Anna Maria, came around to wake us up. She was in her pajamas and sandals; after seeing we were awake, she left to put on her (sensible) work shoes. She and one of the stewards helped us unload our luggage onto the platform. There were two "railers" there who helped us load up our car.

We drove home, Kathie hauled the luggage into the house and we began to unpack. We showered and it felt really good! Then, I re-dressed my ankle and we crashed for a couple of hours worth of napping. Given the Marriott beds were too soft, the train seat (going to Chicago) too hard and the train berth (coming home) was way, way too hard, this was the best rest we'd gotten since leaving Dodge City!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home