beefing

Basically whatever happens to irritate me. Probably quite trivial but then why not? After all, the First Admendment says I can (but then the new Supreme Court may change that...)

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Day 9 International Lions Convention Chicago 2007

Day 9 (Wednesday, Fourth of July):

After last night, I was simply wiped out and slept in till 9:24 am. This meant I missed the parade. However, the forecast called for scattered showers and occasional heavy downpours. These are conditions that one must avoid when cruising on this "CELEBRITY X" scooter.

I had a nice breakfast but wasn't able to finish the meal. Then, I went back to the room (1432), charged the scooter a bit, typed on this report and watched "Myth Busters". I am a fan of this seriesÂ…

Kathie went to the parade and took a cab back since she really didn't want to go to the afternoon events and was totally burned out on the fubar'd transportation. We went out to lunch with Rich and Earline and then Kathie and I went to Osco Drug Store to buy supplies for covering my stitches. Then, we went back to the room and Kathie took a nap. After that, we went to the top of the Hancock Building and had a great view of Chicago! We really got good pictures.

I'm burned out on the quality of photos taken with the electronic camera. So, I bought a couple of 27 exposure disposable cameras and used most of one for those photos. I'll have to have them developed in Dodge City and get them digitalized.)

On the way back, Kathie thought she could get me past the bookstore (Borders) but I remembered seeing it when we walked over to the tower. I bought a Stephen Burst novel because I realized I was reading the sequel. I also got two other books.

An aggravating event happened when we got back to the hotel: Kathie was holding the door to the room and said something like "don't come forward". I didn't hear the "don't" and ran over her left ankle and she really got pissed off and was yelling at me for a while and I was feeling guilty and yelled back. It was a bummer all the way aroundÂ…

 

 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home