beefing

Basically whatever happens to irritate me. Probably quite trivial but then why not? After all, the First Admendment says I can (but then the new Supreme Court may change that...)

Monday, August 20, 2012

politically, I don't count for shit


A couple of weeks ago, I committed an act of futility: I went to send a letter to both of "my" Senators.

When I went to one Senator's office, it took several minutes for the person inside to unlock the door and see who had the gall to visit "their" Senator. I said "I have some letters". and handed them to the office dragon. She took them and said nothing. I got the feeling  she was a warrior poised to fight off an invading barbarian army.

I did not feel welcomed and I left with the odd feeling that she had called the cops and where were they? What the hell, I was merely another fucking tax payer.

Why do I  get the feeling I didn't count for shit?

I suppose it was because:
  • I'm not well known, thus folks won't listen to my opinion,
  • I'm not politically important and not someone important in a powerful political organization,
  • I don't have any money and can't buy my way into the party by making big contributions,
  • I'm not in the news industry and folks won't read what I write (this blog is widely ignored),
  • I have no power and can't cause politicians trouble.
Thus, given these factors, I don't count for shit. I remember when politicians at least pretended to care what the taxpayers thought. I no longer have the naive belief.

I do know there are a great many like me...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home